At Calgary Ear Centre we go beyond the standard tests and hearing aid fitting, we work with patients to ensure they have the best possible outcome. Each patient will undergo an audiological assessment, review of results and will have time to address hearing concerns and ask questions relating to ear health. Our staff will listen to the patient and work together to understand individual needs and set goals for rehabilitation. If hearing aids are recommended it is done so with consideration of degree of hearing loss, individual goals, manual dexterity and finances.
What sets Calgary Ear Centre apart is our ongoing support, as part of our service we provide LACE (Listening and Communication Enhancement) auditory training. While hearing aids can help to detect sounds, they don't affect other important factors in the brain's ability to understand — listening, communication and comprehension. LACE is an interactive training program that is completed at home using either a computer or DVD player. LACE training improves listening and communication skills by providing brain training and effective listening strategies. For example, when patients receive a therapeutic device, such as an artificial limb, they undergo physical therapy to learn to adjust. The same is needed for hearing aids. When patients learn to use their brains to listen and "fill in the gaps”, the benefits of hearing aids are maximized. As part of our ongoing support we also offer program adjustments, hearing aid batteries, cleaning and in-house repairs when possible.
Aside from amplification and rehabilitation Calgary Ear Centre can also provide custom ear molds for a variety of applications:
- Swim Molds – waterproof plugs ideal for water sports, swimming and showering for people with chronic ear infection.
- Communication Mold – a custom fit mold intended for use with a two-way portable radio system, often used by law enforcement offices and security guards.
- Ear Defenders – the ultimate in hearing protection, a custom fit plug to prevent noise induced hearing loss.
- Bluetooth Communication Mold – a custom mold designed for your ear and bluetooth ear piece to allow complete comfort for hands free communication. (Please note the bluetooth device will be needed for manufacturing)
- Musician Ear Plugs – custom plugs that can be designed with different filters depending on individual requirements.
- Sleeper Molds – ideal for sleeping, reading, travelling and anywhere quietness is desired.
- Custom Earbuds – custom molds that house generic store bought earbuds promoting ease of use for vigorous exercise including running and comfort for personal listening. (Please note the earbuds will be needed for manufacturing)
- Medical Professionals – custom ear pieces stethoscopes and other listening devices. (Please note the device will be needed for manufacturing)