BCHA’s are a non-surgical option and include an audio processor (such as the MED-EL ADHEAR) and a temporary fixation (such as adhesive adapter or headband).
Alberta Health Services is not currently working with the MED-EL ADHEAR. The Calgary Ear Centre is the only clinic in Southern Alberta currently dispensing the ADHEAR.
General candidacy requirements:
- Single-Sided Deafness
- Conductive hearing loss (monaural or binaural)
- With all bone conduction thresholds less than 25dBHL.
Referrals for trialing the MED-EL ADHEAR can be sent directly to the Calgary Ear Centre by any health professional or patient.
- Complete audiogram required (within 6 months)
- 30 day trial with fee of $125 (non-refundable, but applicable to purchase)
- MED-EL ADHEAR pricing: $3990 each
- Includes one audio processor, 15 adhesive adapters and 80 size 13 batteries